Printing and Photocopying Service Unavailable at Red Hill
Printing and photocopying services are currently unavailable at the Red Hill. The estimated time of disruption is unknown. We are working to resolve this issue. Thank you for your patience.
Central Library - Tax Clinic Cancellation
Due to unforeseen circumstances, the free drop-in tax preparation service clinic on Saturday, April 8 has been cancelled. Please visit hpl.ca/free-tax-service for other clinic dates. We apologize for the inconvenience.
Please be aware of online phishing attempts impersonating Hamilton Public Library and Library Staff. HPL does not solicit paid freelance opportunities through social media or other messaging applications. HPL does not request personal or banking information through social media or require financial compensation when reviewing job applications. Please report phishing schemes to email@example.com. If you think you are a victim of fraud, please call the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre at 1-888-495-8501.
Barton Branch Makerspace
The iMac at the Barton Branch Makerspace is currently unavailable. We are working to resolve this issue.
About Extended Access Service
What is Extended Access?
It allows registered Members access to the collections, public computers, Wi-Fi and space in the Freelton, Lynden and Greensville branches during hours Staff aren’t on duty.
How do I sign up?
Pick up a form at a branch, or download, print and fill out the form. Bring the completed form to any HPL branch to finalize the registration process with Staff.
Who can register?
Extended Access is available for Hamilton Public Library Members who:
- Hold a valid resident Hamilton Public Library card.
- Present valid photo ID (e.g., Ontario ID, Driver's License, Student ID, etc.).
- Are age 14 or older. Children under age 14 must always be accompanied by a parent or guardian and the parent or guardian is considered the main user.
- Complete the Extended Access Terms and Conditions Form.
- Uphold the Member and Service Agreement.
What services are offered?
Registered Members can browse and borrow items in branch collections, use computers and access Wi-Fi at the Freelton, Lynden and Greensville branches during specified hours and during hours when Staff aren’t present.
What if I need help when Staff aren’t in the branch?
Staff are present at the branch for a portion of each business day. For extended hours, HPL staff at other branches provide remote support via a dedicated video/phone link. Additional security cameras are also on site to monitor the branches.
What are the hours for Extended Access?
- Please see hpl.ca/hours for up-to-date information.
- Registering library cardholders ensures greater accountability and understanding of the mutual responsibilities in using the library during Extended Access hours.
- By registering for Extended Access, you agree to comply with Hamilton Public Library Policies and Procedures and accept responsibility for the space, equipment, and furniture in the branch during your visit.